Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 4 February 2020

Beautyblender’s Concealer Launch Strategy? Keep Your Harshest Critics Close

The Internet is loud, but Beautyblender is listening. The company’s signature makeup sponge has become a staple among beauty influencers since its launch 13 years ago. These days, it’s rare a beauty tutorial doesn’t contain at least one sponge sighting or mention. Still, the Internet is capricious — a fact Beautyblender came to terms with in 2018, when it ventured into complexion with Bounce Foundation in 32 shades. The launch was met with backlash from top beauty influencers, including Monica Style Muse, It’s My Raye Raye and Iris Beilin, who, along with Ryan B Potter, group-reviewed the initial shade offerings in what Monica Style Muse dubbed “the ultimate review in history.” “Right now, I’m looking at this box, and I feel like I was not included in there. I feel offended,” said Beilin, who is Latina, in the YouTube video. Beilin counts 1 million YouTube subscribers. “When I look at this, do I feel like I was considered here? Absolutely not,” said Monica, who is Afro-Latina and has nearly 400,000 YouTube subscribers. Rea Ann Silva, Beautyblender’s founder and a self-proclaimed “voyeur of social media,” caught wind of the video, which has been viewed more than 367,000 times since August 2018. The brand founder in

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.



from WWDWWD https://ift.tt/31oEFWq

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Fitness All Right Reserved