Breaking News
Loading...

Recent Post

Monday, 2 January 2023
no image

The top 6 OTT Indian platforms spent more than Rs. 5000 crores on producing original shows in 2022

The Indian consumers were earlier used to only watching films and TV series but in the last couple of years, they also got habituated to consuming web series and mini-series. The trend picked up after the success of the first season of Sacred Games (2018), starring Saif Ali Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui, and it accelerated during the lockdown. Though there are reports of the growth of subscribers plateauing and streaming giants preferring quality over quantity, the fact is that a lot of money continues to be pumped into making original content. Last month, a report in The Economic Times stated that the six main OTT platforms in India spent between $600 million and $700 million on producing shows in 2022. In other words, these players invested between a whopping Rs. 4968 crores and Rs. 5796 crores to make new content in the web series format!

The top 6 OTT Indian platforms spent more than Rs. 5000 crores on producing original shows in 2022

These top six platforms are Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, Sony LIV, Zee5 and Voot. The amount mentioned above excludes money spent on making original movies or investment done on sports content.

A source said, “Interestingly, 2022 is when Netflix co-founder Reed Hastings confessed that the lack of growth in India is frustrating. It’s also common to hear this year that subsequent seasons of popular shows have been cancelled by different OTT giants across the world due to practical factors.” In October, Bollywood Hungama even reported that the streaming platforms have stopped buying films for direct-to-digital release with the same regularity as they used to do in 2020.

Another source commented, “But at the same time, the platforms don’t want to cut down and want to continue funding shows and movies, as there’s potential. This keeps the hope alive. This was evident by the grand event held by Amazon Prime Video in April 2022 wherein they launched 40 new shows and films in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. Even Netflix has made grand announcements and all the plans are on.”

The Economic Times report also stated an estimate by Media Partners Asia that the online video content investment in India is $1.3 billion in 2022 and that it is expected to increase to $4.2 billion by 2027.

Meanwhile, there has been a growth in subscribers in 2022. As per Ormax OTT Audience Sizing Report 2022, India has 13.20 crores SVOD (subscription video-on-demand) audiences. The number stood at 11.50 crores in 2021.

Also Read: Amazon Prime Video announces the second season of the much-awaited hit sitcom Mind the Malhotras



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/E2gWGNj
no image

SCOOP: Sonam Kapoor Ahuja-starrer Blind to release directly on Zee5 after deal with Netflix failed to materialize

Many Indian movie buffs learnt the meaning of the word ‘fashionista’ thanks to Sonam Kapoor Ahuja. The gorgeous actress made this term a household name thanks to her diva-like image and for being a style icon. But she’s also a fine actress, and she proved it with her performances in films like Raanjhanaa (2013), Khoobsurat (2014), Neerja (2016) etc. Last seen in The Zoya Factor (2019), she has been missing from the big screen for a while. But this year, she’ll be back with a bang with an exciting film, Blind. And Bollywood Hungama has learnt that it’s all set for a direct digital premiere.

SCOOP: Sonam Kapoor Ahuja-starrer Blind to release directly on Zee5 after deal with Netflix failed to materialize

A source told Bollywood Hungama, “Blind has been ready for a while and the makers have now decided to release it on Zee5. Due to the unpredictable scenario at the box office, they felt that it was apt that it could premiere on OTT. Also, it’s an edge-of-the-seat thriller and can make for a fine experience for viewers at home.”

However, the film went through quite a journey before the deal with Zee5 was signed. The source revealed, “Last year, the makers of Blind had approached Zee5. But the price quoted by the streaming giant to buy the film was less than what the producers expected. Hence, they declined and approached Netflix. Blind is co-produced by Sujoy Ghosh and he is directing and producing The Devotion Of Suspect X, starring Kareena Kapoor Khan, for the digital platform. He tried selling both these films to Netflix as a package. But the deal fell through as again, the amount that Netflix was ready to shell for Blind was not satisfactory.”

The source continued, “The makers of Blind then went back to Zee5 and the deal was locked. It is expected to release in the first quarter of 2023.”

Besides Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Blind also stars Purab Kohli, Vinay Pathak and Lillete Dubey. Directed by debutant director Shome Makhija, it is the official remake of the 2011 Korean film of the same name. It is a story of a blind police officer in search of a serial killer.

Blind went on floors in December 2020 in Glasgow, Scotland and the shoot was completed in a start-to-finish schedule by February 2021. Since the pandemic was going on then, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja had said that she did her rehearsals on Zoom and walked around the house with a blindfold on her eyes. She also told a tabloid that she would wear white lenses during the shoot that blocked her vision.

Interestingly, news of Blind going directly to OTT first emerged in July 2021. But in October 2021, Sujoy Ghosh confessed that he and the other makers of the film are having second thoughts and that the thriller might release in cinemas. But it seems like they went back to their original plan of skipping a theatrical release.

Meanwhile, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja recently gave birth to her son Vayu on August 20, 2022. She had announced his birth through a beautiful post on her Instagram handle.

Also Read: Sonam Kapoor asks paparazzi to not take her son’s pictures, “Uska pictures nahin lene ka”



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/Qv5mgbL
no image

Fawad Khan on possibility of The Legend of Maula Jatt seeing India release: ‘If it were to happen, it’s a great way to handshake’

Pakistani actors Fawad Khan and Mahira Khan, popularly known for their 2014 drama Humsafar, reunited on the big screen in the period movie, The Legend of Maula Jatt. The film is Pakistan’s most expensive film to date and went on to make Rs. 100 crore at the box office in the home country and has had worldwide collections of $10 million globally. Bollywood Hungama previously reported that the film was supposed to release in theatres in India on December 30 but has been indefinitely postponed. Fawad Khan says that it would be great if it did release in India.

Fawad Khan on possibility of The Legend of Maula Jatt seeing India release ‘If it were to happen, it’s a great way to handshake’

When asked about the possibility of India release, Fawad told CNN, "That would be great, obviously. If it were to happen, it’s a great way to handshake. It is kind of like those sweets and delights we send across to one another on Eid and Diwali. Films and music is that kind of exchange. But things are a bit heated still, let’s see. I’ve heard it may release and it may not. So, let us see.”

Fawad Khan also said that the year 2022 turned out good one for Pakistani cinema. “I am a small part of the industry and the kind of boundaries it pushed, the business it did and the filmmaking style…all of it proved great for Pakistani cinema,” he said.

A source previously informed Bollywood Hungama, “Zee Studios had already acquired a clearance for The Legend Of Maula Jatt from the Central Board of Film Certification. But on Monday the CBFC recalled the film.”

The film is from the times untold where legends were written in soil with blood, a hero is born. Maula Jatt, a fierce prizefighter with a tortured past seeks vengeance against his arch nemesis Noori Natt, the most feared warrior in the land of Punjab. Loyalties are challenged and families are torn apart in this epic tale of truth, honour and justice. The film is Pakistan's biggest movie to date.

The Punjabi-language film is a remake of the 1979 classic Maula Jatt. It is produced by Ammara Hikmat’s Encyclomedia and Lashari Films. The film also stars Mirza Gohar Rasheed, Faris Shafi, Ali Azmat, Nayyer Ejaz, Shafqat Cheema, Raheela Agha, Zia Khan, and Saima Baloch. The film released in theatres on October 13, 2022.

Recently, Fawad announced his next Money Back Guaranteed with former cricketer Wasim Akram. Fawad Khan made his Bollywood debut in Khoobsurat opposite Sonam Kapoor in 2014. He went on to star in Kapoor & Sons and Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. He was most recently seen in the special Karachi-themed episode of Disney+ Marvel series, Ms. Marvel starring Iman Vellani. On the other hand, Mahira Khan had made her Bollywood debut in Raees opposite Shah Rukh Khan. Meanwhile, Mahira was last seen in 2022 Pakistani action-comedy film Quaid-e-Azam Zindabad.

ALSO READ: BREAKING: CBFC recalls Fawad Khan starrer The Legend of Maula Jatt; India release postponed indefinitely



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/0ZJklwK
Sunday, 1 January 2023
no image

Ranveer Singh is taking no chances with Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani; asks director Karan Johar to see rushes post shoot

Ranveer Singh had a bleak year, what with both releases Jayeshbhai Jordaar and Cirkus turning out to be disastrous at the box office. The talented actor has all his hopes pinned on Karan Johar’s Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani, which opens in April. The multi-starrer would have Ranveer sharing screen space with one of his idols Dharmendra for the first time.

Ranveer Singh is taking no chances Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani; asks director Karan Johar to see rushes post shoot

Dharmendra is full of praise for the fanboy-star. “Ranveer, Alia, dono bahot pyare hain (both Ranveer and Alia are lovely). And they are both so hard-working. Ups and downs don’t matter when you are good actor. I have had my share of them. Every actor must take the failure on his chin. Karan Johar has made a fabulous entertainer. I am sure it will benefit all of us.”

Apparently, Ranveer will leave no stone unturned to ensure that nothing goes wrong with Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani. A source close to the development reveals, “He has been asking Karan to show him the rushes of the film. Ranveer is hell-bent on making sure that nothing goes wrong with Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani. For the song that he will shoot with Alia in February, Ranveer is in full prep mode. At the moment, Karan Johar is Ranveer’s saviour and guardian angel.”

Also Read: Ranveer Singh whisks wife Deepika Padukone to Alibaug for the holiday season; watch



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/jd8Rph6
no image

BREAKING: Shah Rukh Khan to shoot for the CRUCIAL underwater sequence for Rajkumar Hirani’s Dunki after Pathaan’s release

January 2023 is here and all eyes are now on Pathaan. It’s going to be the first big release of the year and the excitement is tremendous as it stars Shah Rukh Khan. In fact, 2023 is going to be an exciting one for the fans of the superstar as, after more than four years, he’ll be seen in as many as three films, all of which will be released this year. While the year begins with Pathaan, his next film, Jawan, will arrive in cinemas in mid-2023, on June 2. Dunki, meanwhile, will probably be the last release of 2023. And it also carries a lot of expectations as it is directed by Rajkumar Hirani, who has a 100% success ratio.

BREAKING: Shah Rukh Khan to shoot for the CRUCIAL underwater sequence for Rajkumar Hirani’s Dunki after Pathaan’s release

Bollywood Hungama was the first one to report in November 2022 that Dunki will be the first Hindi film to be shot in Saudi Arabia. Shah Rukh Khan and the rest of the unit members travelled to the Middle Eastern country in mid-November and successfully shot for an important schedule. And now, the team of Dunki is gearing up to film a crucial sequence of the film.

A source told Bollywood Hungama, “Right now, the shooting has been paused as Shah Rukh Khan is busy with the promotions of Pathaan, which releases on January 25. After the film’s release, he’ll resume shooting for Dunki. And he and a few more cast members will shoot for the underwater shots. It is a part of the sequence where the character of Shah Rukh travels in a boat. It requires him to go underwater, as per the demands of the script. The actor will undergo underwater training for some time before shooting it.”

The source added, “The scene is set in a foreign location in the film. But it’ll be shot in Mumbai on a set.”

The source continued, “Once the shoot of this is complete, only a few scenes will remain to be canned. Dunki’s shoot is expected to be over by March.”

Besides Shah Rukh Khan, Dunki also stars Taapsee Pannu, Vicky Kaushal and Boman Irani. It will be released in cinemas on December 22, 2023.

Also Read: Shah Rukh Khan to commence next schedule of Rajkumar Hirani’s Dunki in Saudi Arabia in November 2022



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/l2wdsrt
no image

SCOOP: Shanaya Kapoor replaces Rashmika Mandanna in Shashank Khaitan’s Tiger Shroff starrer Screw Dheela

A while it was reported that the Shashank Khaitan directorial Screw Dheela starring Tiger Shroff has been put on the back burner. In fact, reports claimed that the unpredictability of the box office, the ballooning budget, and low-key response to the film’s announcement were the reasons. While it was never made clear whether the project was on hold or continuing, we hear that the makers of the film have opted for a casting change in the venture. If what the grapevine says is true, then apparently, Shanaya Kapoor will be stepping into the shoes of Rashmika Mandanna in Screw Dheela.

SCOOP: Shanaya Kapoor replaces Rashmika Mandanna in Shashank Khaitan’s Tiger Shroff starrer Screw Dheela

Talking exclusively to Bollywood Hungama a source close to the project tells us, “Yes, there has been a change in the cast, Shanaya will be replacing Rashmika. Although Shanaya is yet to sign the dotted line, everything is in place, and when the film starts it will headline Shanaya as the female lead”. Ask the source for details on why the sudden change and he continues, “Shanaya Kapoor was to feature in Shashank’s other project for Dharma Productions, Bedhadak with Lakshya Lalwani and Gurfateh Pirzada. However, for some reason that film has run into trouble and the shoot has been paused. In the interim while the issues are settled, Shanaya has moved to Screw Dheela.”

Although there has been no official word on either of the projects and issues, viz. Screw Dheela undergoing a casting change and Bedhadak being paused, it seems like for director Shashank Khaitan such issues have become common place. Interestingly, Shashank had earlier announced Mr. Lele with Varun Dhawan however that was later changed to Govinda Naam Mera featuring Vicky Kaushal.

As for the film Screw Dheela is said to be an action entertainer and will be produced by Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions. While it still remains unclear when the film will commence shooting, it will feature Tiger Shroff and Shanaya Kapoor. On the work front, Tiger has a packed slate with Ganapath and Bade Miyan Chote Miyan.

Also Read: Here’s the real story why the Tiger Shroff – Karan Johar film Screw Dheela was called off



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/t1wbsja
no image

Triptii Dimri confirms relationship with Anushka Sharma's brother Karnesh Ssharma in a mushy photo on New Year

Bollywood actress Triptii Dimri rang in New Year with her loved ones and reportedly is in a relationship. There were speculations that the actress was in a relationship with Clean Slate Films' producer Karnesh Ssharma. The actress has seemingly confirmed that she is dating Anushka Sharma's brother.

Triptii Dimri confirms relationship with Anushka Sharma's brother Karnesh Ssharma in a mushy photo on New Year

Triptii Dimri recently shared a mushy photo with Karnesh on her Instagram stories. Sharing the picture, the actress wrote, “My (love)” with a red heart emoji. As the photo went viral on social media, fans wondered if this confirmed their relationship.

Interestingly, Triptii has headlined two films, Bulbul and Qala, which Karnesh Sharma has backed under Clean Slate Films for Netflix. Both projects gave Triptii much-needed critical acclaim.

Meanwhile, Triptii Dimri won rave reviews for her performance in the Anvita Dutt directorial Wala. The actress will next star in a romantic drama with Vicky Kaushal and another project with Ranbir Kapoor.

ALSO READ: Vicky Kaushal and Triptii Dimri starrer romantic comedy to release on July 28, 2023



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/yTGOqZQ
Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Fitness All Right Reserved