Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 25 April 2021

Behind the Scenes of Maria Bakalova’s Princess Oscars Gown

When 24-year-old Bulgarian actress Maria Bakalova was completing her breakout film, “Borat Subsequent Moviefilm,” she couldn’t help but daydream about what she wanted to wear to its premiere. “I had this vision in my mind that I want my dress, my premiere dress, and later, my festival dress, to look like this…but then none of that happened,” Bakalova says over the phone, the day before the 2021 Academy Awards. “And award season started, and with all of the great recognition that happened around the movie, I started digging even more there.” Together with her stylist Jessica Paster, Bakalova has gone for soft and romantic gowns throughout award season, leading up to a custom Louis Vuitton gown for the Oscars, at which she is nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role. “I just know that it’s going to feel like a fairy tale,” Bakalova says. The making of Maria Bakalova’s Louis Vuitton Oscars gown.  Gregoire VIEILLE When Bakalova and Paster first met, they immediately agreed upon a narrative of romantic, soft dressing for the award circuit, a contrast to Bakalova’s Borat character, Tutar. “It’s kind of a crazy character, she’s going through three completely different, but really hard places,” Bakalova says. “So with me,

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.



from WWDWWD https://ift.tt/3nk4X77

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Fitness All Right Reserved