Annabelle Wallis Embraces Her ‘Mischief’
“Mischief,” Annabelle Wallis says, “is my favorite word.” The English actress is reveling in the promotion of her new film “Unabomber,” in which she portrays psychoanalyst Christiana Morgan, the codirector of the Harvard Psychological Clinic who conducted experiments on a teenage Ted Kaczynski alongside Dr. Henry Murray. The film, which was released Sept. 25, quickly shot to number one on Netflix, and has been a chance for Wallis to explore a more nuanced role. “I think what’s been difficult in the career is that I look very much like the girlfriend, which are all those great parts, but I have real mischief and wildness within me through the life I’ve led,” Wallis says. “I love mercurial people. I think to be honest about your flaws and to wear them on your chest and to experiment with all the layers of the psyche and the shadow self and the light, you make for such an honest portrayal of the human existence.” Annabelle Wallis Emma Beisel/ Courtesy of Netflix Wallis, 42, is known for her work in shows like “Peaky Blinders” and “The Tudors,” and starred alongside Tom Cruise in “The Mummy.” Born in the U.K. and raised in Portugal, Wallis has felt “a calling” to beFollow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.
from WWDRecent Stories https://ift.tt/liK8kgW
0 comments:
Post a Comment