Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 27 May 2020

Hearst Magazines Offers Fashion, Beauty Brands Free Ads Through ‘Together’ Initiative

It’s no secret that advertising has been hit hard by the coronavirus, but Hearst Magazines is keeping key brand partners sweet in the meantime with the offer of free PSA ads in Harper’s Bazaar, Elle and Marie Claire’s summer issues. Carol Smith, the publisher of all three magazines, borrowed the idea from Harper’s Bazaar Spain, which early on in the crisis gave advertisers the opportunity to run “Estamos Contigo” ads, meaning “We Are With You,” “as a way to send a message of hope” to their customers. The U.S. version is called ‘Together With the Fashion Group,’ which at Hearst includes the three glossy magazines. “It’s a statement to brands,” she said. “I’m a salesperson. What do I want to do? I want to call up Bulgari and sell them an ad. Well, I wasn’t calling up Bulgari [to sell them an ad], but what I could do was call them up and say ‘I’m your partner, how can I help and how I can I send a message to our women that you are with us and we are all in this together’.” Smith thought only a couple of fashion and beauty companies would be interested as they grappled with closing stores

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.



from WWDWWD https://ift.tt/3glrlci

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Fitness All Right Reserved