Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 12 July 2024

Inside ‘Oh, Mary!’ Opening Night on Broadway With Austin Butler, Kaia Gerber & More

“Oh, Mary!” was so good, they had to see it twice. Austin Butler and Kaia Gerber were in good company on Thursday night as they made their way into the Lyceum Theatre for the play’s Broadway opening night, with a crowd that included many show regulars. “I’ve seen the show off-Broadway several times, and I’m excited to see it on Broadway,” said comedian Murray Hill on his way into the theater. “It’s a big deal when a performer from downtown travels 30 blocks uptown. I wouldn’t miss this for anything.” The hit play transferred to Broadway after a twice-extended off-Broadway run, lauded by critics and audiences alike. “This is like Christmas morning mixed with my birthday, mixed with losing my virginity, all in one night,” said writer and star Cole Escola, who walked the carpet in a custom corseted Wiederhoeft gown before heading into the theater to change into a different, more voluminous, black gown for the show. Escola leads the comedy as first lady Mary Todd Lincoln, reimagined as a manic aspiring cabaret performer. “I’m just surprised that people still want to come see it. I’m surprised that it’s selling out on Broadway. That’s wild,” they added. “And I’m surprised that I

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.



from WWDRecent Stories https://ift.tt/MY8uPZ6

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Fitness All Right Reserved