Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 25 November 2019

Karla Welch’s Politics Have Been Good for Business

No, Karla Welch is not running for office. At least not yet. “Maybe when I retire and sell my app,” the politically outspoken and in-demand stylist said, somewhat jokingly, at WWD’s Digital Forum in Los Angeles. Welch, born and raised in Canada, will be voting in 2020 as an American. She also admitted that her boldly left-leaning commentary on Instagram has actually been good for business after about 20 years as a stylist, both for brands and the red carpet. “Being a political human being has created opportunities for me,” Welch said. “I’m sure it’s closed some doors, too, but fine. “I remember someone saying to me, ‘You should be careful with what you say,’ and I was like, ‘Hold my beer,’ because I’m not going to be careful.” Welch recalled a post several months back when Republican lawmakers were attempting to dismantle the Obama administration’s Affordable Care Act — which, among other things, outlawed health insurers denying coverage based on a wide range of “preexisting conditions” from cancer to pregnancy. She made what she called “an action post” that detail four steps for how people could reach lawmakers to express their support for the ACA. “I think in two days we had over 20 million

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.

Read More...

from WWDWWD https://ift.tt/2OMsWee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Fitness All Right Reserved