‘McCartney-Esque’ But in a Stella Kind of Way
Stella McCartney joined WWD’s Bridget Foley in conversation at WWD’s Apparel & Retail CEO Summit at the InterContinental New York Barclay hotel on Wednesday. While Stella McCartney is heralded as a front-runner of the fashion sustainability movement, she sees it another way; first and foremost, she’s a fashion designer, but she was fortunate enough to never have to compromise her ethics since the label’s inception in 2001. And today, the fashion industry is finally ready to reap what McCartney sows (McCartney referred to herself and the industry as “farmers”), as the consumer demand for sustainability is growing at a rapid pace. WWD: Do you think the message of the fashion of your fashion gets lost sometimes or downplayed or underplayed? Stella McCartney: It’s not something I think about but when it’s pointed out to me I do register it as something that’s happened in my career. You have to remember I went to Saint Martins in London, and I’ve wanted to be a fashion designer since I was six or seven. I was very determined and when I came out of school, I went to Paris. When I started I was Paul McCartney’s daughter, but I came into the realm of fashion with that label,Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.
from WWDWWD https://ift.tt/32cGdBr
0 comments:
Post a Comment