Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 29 July 2019

Rhude’s Rhuigi Villaseñor Celebrates First Puma Collaboration at Kith in L.A.

Off the heels of Rhude’s Paris Fashion Week debut last month, Los Angeles-based designer Rhuigi Villaseñor commemorated his upcoming collaboration with Puma by throwing a party at Kith on Saturday evening. “I wanted to celebrate silhouettes that already existed, but amplify that and bring it to an audience that doesn’t necessarily understand the heritage of Puma, while incorporating my own twist,” said Villaseñor in a sit-down with Kith’s Ronnie Fieg inside the Los Angeles location of the trendy retail store on Sunset Boulevard. “I’m in a space where I feel like I can concur that. It’s for the new age.” In front of an audience that included singer Miguel and former New York Giants player Victor Cruz, Villaseñor shared that he wasn’t initially sold on the idea of working with the sportswear company. A conversation with Puma’s global director of brand and marketing, Adam Petrick, changed his mind. “It was about­­ –– just life and what’s happening in society, and I felt that he took a stand,” said Villaseñor. “It’s important to take a stand…We talked about gun violence and different things that I personally care about…I thought it was larger than just a partnership of products. It’s about ethics.” View

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.

Read More...

from WWDWWD https://ift.tt/2Oqs3Ly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Fitness All Right Reserved