Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 29 September 2019

EXCLUSIVE: NYX Cosmetics’ Toni Ko Launches Bespoke Beauty Brands

NYX Cosmetics founder Toni Ko, who sold the company to L’Oréal in 2014 for a reported $500 million, is making her return to beauty with Bespoke Beauty Brands, an “incubator” partnering with influencers to launch niche beauty brands. “My life goal is to build another successful company,” said Ko, who’s based in Los Angeles. “…I came here when I was 13 years old, a first-generation immigrant.” With parents in the cosmetics industry, in retail and later working as wholesalers, Ko was immersed in the business growing up and would end up dropping out of community college in Glendale, Calif., to work for them full-time. At the age of 25, she saw a gap in the market and, after receiving a $250,000 loan from her parents, started NYX Cosmetics. Any regrets about selling the company? “No, my life motto is to not have regrets in the decisions you make,” said Ko. “I do wish I had the company for another year or maybe two. But L’Oréal is an amazing buyer for the brand. I was just in Scotland walking down a random street, and I look over and see like a four-foot display of NYX Cosmetics in a random store in Scotland. I was like,

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.

Read More...

from WWDWWD https://ift.tt/2mJp0kF

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Fitness All Right Reserved