Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, 17 July 2026

A Royal Welcome for the Inaugural Time100 Sports Gala

Olympians, royalty and a Quad God: the inaugural Time100 Sports Gala had it all, and then some. “In this room full of champions, I have to assume that I’ve been invited on stage to receive the participation medal,” said Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, during his dinner speech on Thursday evening. The royal was being honored by the publication for his support of the Invictus Games, which he founded in 2014 as a sporting event for wounded, sick, and injured servicemen and women. “And given the company, I’ll happily take it.” The room at Pier 60 was packed with the biggest names in sports, perhaps none bigger at the moment than Jalen Brunson — New York’s own newly minted royalty. The basketball player is still on a victory tour just one month after the Knicks took home the NBA championship. Brunson walked onstage to a standing ovation as Jay-Z’s “Empire State of Mind” played. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s to believe in your journey. Trust the process, even when it doesn’t make sense,” Brunson told the crowd. “Keep showing up, keep working, don’t let anyone else define what’s possible for you.” Ali Marks Brunson and Jalen Brunson Lexie Moreland/WWD Before dinner, Time100 Sports honorees

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.



from WWDRecent Stories https://ift.tt/ZgJ4vwz

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Fitness All Right Reserved