Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, 22 August 2019

Smells Like School Spirit: The Magic of Experiential Learning

In the days of college admission scandals, untenable student debt and growing acceptance of alternative education paths, the concept of experiential learning comes into focus. And as students continue searching for meaning and value in their education, companies such as the Greer Meister Group, a private educational consulting and tutoring practice, offer a unique approach to learning that fits the needs of today’s varied and highly flexible academic climate. Here, Caitlin Meister, founder and director of the Greer Meister Group, discusses experiential learning and career growth with WWD. WWD: What are some of the tools employed by the Greer Meister Group that distinguish it from other learning institutions/methods? Why is performance such an important component to the Greer Meister Group’s tutoring? Caitlin Meister: I started the Greer Meister Group as a private tutoring practice because I saw a need in the industry for tutoring that focuses on academic independence and perseverance. Later, I added the educational consulting division of my practice because I found that parents kept asking me, “Is such-and-such a good school? I hear it’s a good school.” I would always respond, “Good according to what metric? Is that a metric that your family values?” Suddenly, their eyes would widen. Conversations

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.

Read More...

from WWDWWD https://ift.tt/2HzZENp

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Fitness All Right Reserved