Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 28 May 2019

Gucci’s Roman Extravaganza

ROME — Diversity, inclusivity, self-expression, freedom and most of all, love. These were all themes and concepts Alessandro Michele wanted to express and encapsulate in his resort collection. Themes and concepts that are highly relevant now in 2019, but which were considered taboos in the Italy of the Seventies when Roman artist Renato Zero, who was among the guests at the Gucci show, reached success because of his provocative songs, as well as with a dramatic, eye-catching look that played with fluidity and ambiguity. “The stage is a boxing ring when the artist stands up for change and for the needs of the public, but he also represents a revolution which I think I really promoted in this country. I really hope that there are some ‘Renatini’ around who continue my job,” said Zero, who was among the first in the Seventies to face sensitive themes with his songs, including pedophilia. Like Michele, Zero used fashion as a powerful form of communication. “I basically invented my own fashion. Having no references in the conservative country that Italy was at that time I had to fight against those restrictions. I always looked at England and all those countries where fantasy is considered as

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.

Read More...

from WWDWWD http://bit.ly/2YWXXzQ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Fitness All Right Reserved